I have grown in followers since I first introduced myself. I thought it would be appropriate to repost this so people get to know me 😊
- My name is Raelyn Pracht and I just turned 50 in March. You would think I would be sad, but I am not.
- I love Jesus! and my husband, daughter and my dog and your dog, if you have one.
- I am mildly obsessed with the Victorian Era, Steampunk, Snoopy, and anything supposedly haunted.
- I currently live in Texas, but I want to win the lottery and move to Germany or Italy.
- It took me 28 years to get my Bachelor’s Degree, but I finally finished in 2018. My journey took me to two community colleges, a year at George Mason University, a year at Wright State University, a semester at Virginia Commonwealth University, and finally, finishing my degree in Marketing Management at Western Governor’s University (WGU). Side note: my favorite team is the Ohio State Buckeyes because Ohio is where I really consider myself from.
- I have the blessing of working for a Christian organization as a Marketing Specialist. I have been there 11 years!
- I started my writing career with writing Advent and Lent Devotionals for my church. For a long time, God had me on the path of writing devotions, but has since brought me into different genres that have challenged me and helped me grow as a writer.
- My published titles include:
-Restoration (Haiku) https://whispersandechoesmag.home.blog/tag/raelyn-pracht/
-Falling Leaves, Warm Memories (Short Story Contest Winner)
-Restoration of the Baker Hotel (Non-Fiction) https://roadtrippers.com/magazine/baker-hotel-mineral-wells-texas/
-Be Still and Notice (Tales from the Next Step Community) https://www.amazon.com/Be-Still-Notice-Tales-Community/dp/B09K281YWN
-Take My Moments and My Days (Tales from the Next Step Community)https://www.amazon.com/Take-My-Moments-Days-Community/dp/B0BKS5QHBB
- I am currently working on my first ever Christian fiction book. This story was prompted by God and He more than nudged me to write it. In fact, He pretty much shoved me ( in the most loving way possible )
- When I am not working or writing I love to watch all types of movies, laugh way too hard at Mystery Science Theater and IT Crowd episodes, read, do jigsaw puzzles and pretend I actually know what I am doing on my Cricut. And sometimes I bake.
- I am a Dunkin Donuts fanatic, am obsessed with “The Greatest Showman”, adore Snoopy, love music from the 20’s – 40’s with Nat King Cole being my favorite.
- I love anything to do with Sherlock Holmes or Jack the Ripper.
- My favorite classic authors are Sir Author Conan Doyle, Edgar Allan Poe, Jules Verne, Shakespeare and Lord Byron.
- I love sports!
- I have survived Melanoma four times and other skin cancers too many times to count. In fact, 2022 was the first year I didn’t have any surgery, praise the Lord!
- My new dream in life is to become a minimalist.
- Finally, I am a nerd. I love to make lists of practically everything.
Tell me some things about you!
2 thoughts on “LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF (AGAIN)”
Raelyn, I’m so happy to know you, and I enjoyed reading all these things! I love Jesus! My “kids” and little “grands~ages 1,2, 3, my dog, and YOUR dog! I’ll be 53 in July. Spent almost 25 years in education. I got out early due to health issues. Little did I know I had a rare cancer that had been growing for years (neuroendocrine ~it’s a “good” cancer if caught early~mine is in the bones now). I LOVE history. I’m a The Greatest Showman fanatic. I love musicals, mysteries, and HISTORY. Love has taken me many places. And left me. It’s just my dog and I with many loves nearby. I lived in my RV for 4 years. It was the best of my life. Due to my cancer I’m renting a 3 bedroom home after having to sell my “tiny home”. It’s hard to have this much “stuff” again, but I live simply. I’m an identical twin. I was the “boy” lol. I love sports, hiking, outdoors, and National Parks. I self published a small children’s book about my pup and I in the RV all about my state of Missouri. I began book two headed West to National Parks but my diagnosis came last May. I did 44 rounds of chemo. No impact. A new radiation was approved in 2018 (your graduation year~go Raelyn!). I just finished #3 and tumors are shrinking. There’s still pain, but I know what I’m facing with Stage IV and God is my source of strength! I’m proud of you, friend. I’m happy we’re sisters in Christ! I’m not on WP like I want to be due to health issues. But it’s through blogging these last 3 years I’ve found likeminded souls and friends like you! Keep up the beautiful work!! And I dream of living in so many places too! Take care sweet lady! Thank you for all you’re doing! 💕❤️💚 Karla
Thank you so much for sharing your story! Sisters and Brothers in Christ are the best! God is the best source of strength you can find, but thankfully He gives us amazing communities to help us along the paths of the hard times and the creative times.